28 February 2006

Cold Sore Loser

So, I have an enormous cold sore growing on my upper left lip. Luckily, it isn't deep red and ugly, but I do look as if I've paid some visits to my doctor for a few Botox injections. I haven't had one since I was a kid, so this is a big surprise to me. I didn't think the sore was so bad, but then, it started to weigh down the whole left side of my face, which is now hanging approximately two inches lower than my right side.

I noticed that people have been waving to me twice. When I say "hi" the first time, they wave again and greet my cold sore. Then, they proceed to hold the door for both me and my cold sore. In class, I raised my hand to answer a question, and then my professor asked me if my cold sore had any opinions on the subject. I've been told that it has it's own area code, and it's working on getting a zip code. You know, people are nasty.

I'm looking forward to next weekend, as I have two days of intensive interviewing for a fellowship I really want for next year. According to the Mayo Clinic, I have 7-10 days of the painful sore before "...the blisters form, break and ooze. Then a yellow crust forms and finally sloughs off to uncover pinkish skin that heals without a scar." Just in time for my interview; I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here