06 September 2005

Paula Cole

I feel very connected to Paula Cole. I mean, we're not related or friends or anything, but the connections are just a little bit too creepy to write off.

First off, I know someone named Paul Coleman. And after my trip to Texas, I have a pretty good idea as to where all the cowboys have gone. I too believe in love to be the center of all things, and today, I was in line at the bookstore, and I just didn't wanna wait. When I worked at a coffee shop, we actually changed all the lines to Where have all the Cowboys Gone? to fit in with our environment. The award winning song transformed into Where have all the Lattes Gone?, and we sang lines such as, "I'll go make the mocha, while you take out the trash. Where is the blender lid? Where is the whipping cream?...Where have all the lattes gone?"

Paula took voice lessons from the same teacher as my friend in Massachusetts. Last summer, I lived across the street from the house she grew up in, and my window conveniently looked right into her front door. My host family showed me pictures of their kids in school plays with Paula. I met her mom and we talked a bit, and finally at the end of my time there, I told her just how much I love her daughter's music. She smiled very nicely and assured me that she'd let Paula know.

At the beginning of this post, I wasn't really sure I had any connection to Paula, but now I'm pretty sure I do. Now that we're BFFs (best friends forever), I'm hoping she'll want me to be a back-up dancer for her. I'm not sure if she even has back-up dancers, but it's never to late to start.

Paula, if you're reading this, let's talk soon.

3 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OMG, I've seen you crazy dance and you're totally up for the task.

I just saw Al Gore talk about global warming. Man, he kicks ass. And the world is ending, which is very inspiring.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Hey Sophia, I'm Sarah's friend Alicia. Nice blog! I too love Paula Cole. When I worked at Blockbuster in 1997, her "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone" video was constantly on the closed circuit TV. I still ask myself every day "Where HAVE all the cowboys gone?"

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks for the supporting my endeavors to be Paula's backup dancer, Sarah. I appreciate it!

Alicia, thanks for visiting; I enjoy your blog as well. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here