11 December 2005

Air on the Plane-String

Yesterday, I flew to Boston on Independence Air. Unfortunately, they've gone bankrupt, but they are still functioning and doing it with amazing style and fun. The flight attendants are really the nicest ones I think I've ever met, and they're also quite witty. The service is great, too. After they serve you a drink, you are offered a hot towel and then a mint. Très chic, magnifique.

I definitely flew from Western New York to Washington D.C. and then to Boston, as it was the cheapest flight I could find. Not so fun for me, but that means I got four hot towels. Actually, I got three, because I was skeptical of them at first. Note to the reader: TAKE THE HOT TOWEL! You won't regret it.

One flight attendant was so funny. We were landing in Boston, and he came over the speaker and gave us landing instructions as usual-- buckle up, stow your belongings under the seat in front of you. Then he really got going. "We ask that you refrain from smoking, really for the rest of your lives, but especially on the rest of the flight. We also understand that you can fly with any bankrupt airline that you wish, and we thank you for choosing us." The whole plane was roaring with laughter and delight, and it just made the flight that much more special.

Another attendant, when he was announcing our drink options, said, "We are serving Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, spring water, Arizona iced tea - a green tea with honey and ginseng. And, because somewhere in the world it's five o'clock, we're also offering a chardonnay and a cabernet sauvignon." (I liked this one.)

On the last leg of my flight coming home, the flight attendant said that if we enjoyed flying with them, then we should tell everyone we know. So, I'm telling you all, because I enjoyed it.

8 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great post. My 16 year old kid flies regularly from Boston (Exeter, NH) to Sarasota Fl (where we live) and regales me with tales of his flights. I love hearing his stories.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

How'd you fell about the snow ? Was really coming down heavily Friday ...

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they flew in and out of Dallas, I'd use them all the time.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks for visiting, Jeff. I'm glad your boy likes Independence Air!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Yeah, that snow was really coming down hard. I was lucky though; none of my flights were delayed!

Thanks for your comment, Rajesh Warrier. :)

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Yeah, it would be nice if they had more cities on their roster!

Thanks for visiting, Liza.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have emailed that you were in B-Town!

Were you performing?

--KMS

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey, KMS!

I was only in for just a couple hours. I flew in that morning and left at 4.45 pm that afternoon. Needless to say, it was a super tight schedule, and I can't believe it all worked out...

I'll let you know when I'm in for a more substantial period of time. :)

Hope all is well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here