18 December 2005

My Final Final, Finally

Yesterday, at 3.30 pm, I turned in my last final of the semester. I celebrated by driving home in my nasty car without a heating system, tail lights, or interior lights. My smooth operator (a la Sade, it's what I named my vehicle when I first got it in 2000) also sports a passenger side window that falls down intermittently. The time has come; I'm getting a new car this week.

But, now I am home, all safe, cozy and warm. I arrived back and was so tired that I barely unpacked and treated myself to an Animal Planet documentary on the search for an endangered viper. Unfortunately, I was falling asleep at the end of the show so I didn't get to see if they actually found it. But, from the looks of the trailers for the episode, namely pictures of the search crew with the viper, I have a feeling they were successful.

I apologize in advance for the lack of photos over the next month or so; AOL does something strange where I cannot upload JPEGs. If anyone can offer some advice, send it this way.

Now, I'm going to be all nerdy and listen to my new Emanuel Ax (pictured at right) recording of Chopin with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment - on period instruments!

Aaaand, it's vacation.

4 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray! you're home! and so am I! Aren't exclamation points great!
enjoy your break!
love!
jared

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks, Jared; it's nice to be back. Love right back at you, and I'll call soon! :)

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Soph! Happy New Year! Regarding your last post--how is the Ax recording? I'm sure he's one of the few pianists you've ever watched from 100+ feet up. :) Did you end up getting a new car? I had that same problem with the windows when I drove a Maxima. It turns out I might be getting a car, too (my great aunt's, she hardly ever drove it) but I won't be bringing it to Rochester for just a semester. Hope you're well--talk to you soon. :)
Love, Carrie

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey, Carrie!

Thanks for the message. I'll give you a call soon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here