09 August 2005

3D


Last week at band camp, Sarah and I had to drop off a key we borrowed from another RA. We ventured into her building and climbed the steps to her floor. As we rounded the corner to her apartment, I looked to the right. I could not believe what I saw: it was apartment 3D.

Let's be honest, I was a bit tipsy, as we were just coming back from an RA dinner where they treated us to a round of beers. Perhaps, I enjoyed my blueberry wheat ale a bit too much because when I saw apartment 3D, I lost all control. I instinctively threw my hands up over my head and began to wildly convulse as if I were viewing an IMAX 3D show (or dancing in a bad [or good - depending on how you look at it] 80s video), all while simultaneously repeating "WHOAAAH" in rapid succession. Sarah spun around at the sounds of my strange behavior and started laughing rather loudly, which, of course, only encouraged me more. Suddenly, the door of 3D opened. A shy-looking girl stepped out in front of me, but it took me awhile to realize she was there. When I finally did, I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Heeeyyy", I grinned like the Cheshire Cat. "Sorry, I just thought it was cool because your apartment number is 3D...Get it?" I cocked my head.

She was kind and I'm sure was really trying to understand. Smiling with shifty eyes, she turned back into her apartment. So, what did I do? I started up again, of course, flailing my arms and jerking my body around. Sure enough, someone walked up the steps and saw me at my worst. It turns out that she was a friend visiting whoever was living in 3D.

I thought it was time to stop, so laughing in hysterics, Sarah and I dropped off the key and exited the building (not before doing another dance in front of 3D, though).

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Haha, that was hilarious! And you forgot the part where we made fangs from our fingers and galloped around the halls. :)

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I should have hung out with guys more often. . .

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Yeah, we're funny girls, KMS. We'll see you in Vermont, though. :)

Um, I was hoping that no one would find out about the whole galloping around the halls with faux fangs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here