03 August 2005

In the Red

This posting has two connotations.

The first I will explore relates to traffic lights. Here in Maine, I've run as many red lights as I do greens, because the yellow lights are so darn short. I always think I can make it, but then as I'm turning or accelerating through the intersection, I make all sorts of unGodly noises with my tires and the all the locals stare at me with disapproving frowns and shake their heads. I shrug my shoulders as if to say, "Hey, I'm just an out-of-towner." But, it's really starting to get embarrassing.

I think the only logical solution is for the yellows to be just as long as the reds and greens. Then, just as the yellows were about to turn red, they could blink fantastically. Yeah, that would work. Perhaps not as many people would run reds. Or maybe I should just always stop when I come to traffic lights - whether they're green, yellow, or red. That way I'll be sure that I won't run any.

The second meaning of my title revolves around the fact that I really don't have any money right now...

6 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Jessie said...

To me, yellow means Accelerate!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey Laidbare,

Yeah! I think yellow does mean accelerate. :)

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Matt McGrath said...

Being a pedestrian, the thing I hate most is when the green pedestrian light starts to blink at the same time as the yellow light appears for the traffic, resulting in a speedy dodging challenge!

I like your site Sophia...

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

If you decide you really want to begin stopping at green lights, you should call my mother and talk to her about it, since she's perfected the art of blocking up an intersection because the light "might turn yellow soon."

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey, Ash Sere!

Yeah, I totally agree. All traffic lights should really be pedestrian friendly.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey Sarah,

I've seen some people do that too, and I must say, I'm not a big fan. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here