08 January 2006

Confessions On A Blog Entry

It's taken me almost three months to muster up enough courage to write this entry, but here I go. I love Madonna's latest album, "Confessions on a Dancefloor". I mean, don't we all have confessions on our own dancefloors of life? Hmmm, maybe not.

It is difficult to put one's finger on exactly what makes the album so appealing. I mean, her beats are not really new, and her lyrics aren't anything to write home about. "Ring, ring ring, on the telephone, the lights are on, but there's no on home" graces her hit Hung Up. But what more are we supposed to expect from the pop diva whose other fanciful prose includes: "If we took a holiday, took some time to celebrate, just one day out of life, it would be, it would be so nice"?

But, we have to love Madonna. She knows her classical literature as revealed in her hit Cherish: "Romeo and Juliet, they never felt this way, I bet". She is very spiritual as evidenced by her song Like A Prayer, the various crashes courses she took on Eastern religion a few years back, and of course, her public adherence to Kaballah. Her song, La Isla Bonita, set the stage for Latin pop greats such as Ricky Martin, Enrique Inglesias, JLo, and Marc Anthony. Her compilation of top hits that first graced store shelves in 1990 entitled "The Immaculate Collection", has been the backdrop of 80s parties for years now. There really is nothing wrong with this landmark compilation. It's spotless; some might even say it's immaculate.

In all seriousness, it is rumored that in her recent Ladies' Home Journal interview, Madonna apologized for the ambiguous messages she sent to young women in the 1980s. She recognized that it was confusing that she encouraged women to be be strong and independent, yet flaunted overt sexuality in her every move. I applaud her for speaking to this.

To make a short story long, I Madonna's new album rocks, and I'm pretty sure she does too.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger rabsteen said...

guilty pleasure!! i love it too.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger OhMyTrill said...

Still obsessed with it...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks, Rabsteen. Your blog entry on her album was very inspirational to me. :) I knew I could come out.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Glad to hear it, Ohmytrill. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here