05 October 2005

I Go To Hogwarts

I wasn't convinced at first, but now I'm nearly positive I attend Hogwarts, Harry Potter's school. Decide for yourself :

My dorm's inside is shaped like a hexagon (or some other "-gon"), and although the interior woodwork is somewhat new, it has a distinct old-world sort of feel. (I know this isn't very compelling, but read on.)

The staircases that lead into the various dorm houses are enveloped in dark gray, granite, only adding to the Hogwartian sensation. Sometimes, the stairs actually move, and it's tricky because you have to hold your balance and try to figure out where you've ended up.

We have a courtyard, and people often play frisbee if the weather's nice. If you glance quickly, the really competitive frisbee games often resemble fierce matches of quidditch.

We have conducting majors, as I go to a music school. They like to carry around what they call "batons". But, we all know they're really magical wands.

In the school's main building, when you get off the elevator on the fourth floor, the office directly in front and to the right belongs to Howard Potter. (I think this is one of my strongest pieces of evidence.)

I was so convinced that my school is Hogwarts, that I tried to walk through the wall while no one was looking. It worked, but I realized it was only because I went through a doorway. But, I'm pretty sure it would've worked even if it wasn't a doorway.

What really gave it away was when I saw everyone flying around on broomsticks. OK, this isn't true, but I have seen the cleaning people use brooms. And sometimes, they look at me like, "Why is she looking at my broom? Does she know that we're at Hogwarts?"

8 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger OhMyTrill said...

I can't tell you how many times I have walked past Howard Potter's room and thought it said Harry Potter...do you think anyone would notice if we swtiched the sign?

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for visiting! :)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

OhMyTrill,

I know! I'm up for switching the sign if you're interested... :)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey Graham,

Thanks for the comment! Yes, the similarities are a bit creepy... :)

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger sara ballance said...

i've wanted to switch that sign as long as i've been here! (i got to your blog from David's, by the way.)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hello, Sarabande84!

Thanks for visiting. Yes, perhaps, we should all get together and try to change that sign. :)

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sophia, it's paul! i just wanted to let you know that that was amazing.....and i have an addition! you should mention how when she move from the school to the annex (which is just a wizard-like name to start off with), you switch from floors 3 to 4, 4 to 5, 6 to 12, 9 to 3, and 14 to -8 depending on which cross walk you take. i of course you know which is your favorite, most resonant, best for singing walkthrough.....haha. well that's about all for now, IM me sometime, hopluap. talk to you soon!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey, Paul!

Thanks for the comment - that was awesome! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here