15 October 2005

It All Ads Up

So, a few weeks after I started my blog, I signed up for some ads to put up, as my salary-less lifestyle is beginning to catch up with me. Actually, it's running me over. I think things are beginning to look up, though. Since I've joined Google Ad-Sense, I've made 77 cents. The downside is that they won't send me a check until I reach one hundred dollars. At this rate, I my check will reach me in 2063.

Thinking that I was on to something, I decided to log onto the Bank of Canada's investment calculator to see how this 77 cents could advance my fiscal future. According to their estimations, if I invest 77 cents at an annual interest rate of 2.5% with a 2% inflation rate now, I will gain a total of 2 cents interest by the year 2010. That's a grand total of 79 cents I otherwise wouldn't have had.

As if the financial benefits of Google Ad-Sense weren't enough, I enjoy spending time perusing my ads. When I click on Beeth's Oven, an ad comes up that claims it can "blast [my] musical skills to new heights with rocket piano". As a graduate school piano student, this is especially enticing to me. An Artsy Flemish Birthday elicits ads from the Dali and the International Rodin Galleries.

In some ways, I enjoy reading the ads more than my entries.

7 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

ha ha ; That's funny indeed.
I was thinking of putting up
Ad-Sense on my blog, but am thinking 2wice now :-)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks, Rejesh Warrier! I'm glad you visited. :)

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Sure.

Hey, can one decide on the type of ads to be displayed out here?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Rajesh Warrier,

I don't think you can decide on which ads get placed on your blog. You can however, request the format you want (i.e. - text, pictures, or both).

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Oh - cool, Graham! Good luck with that. :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

@ Sophia - thanks for the info !!

@ Graham - good luck with ur book hunting

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

No problem, Rajesh.

If you're interested in choosing your own ads, Graham's idea of Amazon ads might be a good idea for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here