02 November 2005

Halloween Costumes

Deciding what I wanted to be for Halloween was somewhat of an ordeal this year. Inspired by someone last year who had the brilliant idea of attaching sponges to himself and being "self-absorbed", the wheels started turning.

I thought of covering a plate with tin foil and wearing it around my neck. Then, I'd be "silver plated".

I was also thinking of wearing a black postage envelope around my neck and being "blackmailed". I thought it'd be really cool if my hot black male friend, Carl walked into the party with me. I could be "blackmailed" and he could be a "black male."

These plans were foiled, as Carl ended up dressing as a thug, and I as Deb from Napoleon Dynamite (see picture above). My friend Jared was Napoleon.

7 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you come up with this zaniness??? It's so wonderfully silly! I think you made a good choice in the end. You looked smashing.
-Matt

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks, Matt...And you're quite the dancer. :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks, Graham!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

SWEEEET! Now, was it a sideways ponytail or the 'fountain' bangs?

Classical piano...oh, my dream of playing!! (venturing steadily toward acquiring a piano for me and my kids)

What is your favorite piece to play?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Charlyn said...

Hey Sophia, saw your comment at jenny bee's blog, thought I'd check you out. My daughter loves to play piano too! I'm hoping she goes into music after high school. Any suggestions?

Like Jenny Bee, it's been a dream of mine to play. Guess I'll live that dream through my daughter for now! She's a natural. Taught herself to play "My heart will go on" by ear (before she could read music). Cool, huh? Stop by and say hi!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hello, Jenny Bee!

Thanks for visiting. It was definately a side ponytail. :)

I enjoy playing Beethoven and Schumann the best...Really, anything by either of them!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hi, Shenna!

Thanks for visiting.

I guess it depends on what sort of music your daughter's interested in. Just encourage her to keep on playing and to attend concerts as much as possible. It's always good to hear what the final product should sound like! :) Most importantly, she should enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here