11 May 2006

Let's Get Digital, Digital

So, I took the plunge. Within a year, I got a new car, a new laptop, a new digital camera, and a new iPod. I guess I thought it would be best to do it all at once, to get all the pain over and done with.

Although I do not own my car yet, in five years, when it's old, I can look forward to being its proud owner. I promise you, I needed this car. My new laptop was a necessary purchase because on my old one, I could not use Microsoft Word and check my e-mail at the same time. And everyone knows that the way to write a good paper is to check your e-mail. The digital camera was a bit frivolous I guess, but my old camera only works intermittently. It's not digital, and quite frankly, I'm tired of having people look at the back of my camera trying to check out the screen that isn't there. It's demoralizing.

The iPod I guess wasn't necessary either, but it sure is fun! I enjoy having all of my music on such a nice little portable device. It's a big improvement from loading all of my CDs around.

Welcome to the world of every other college student your age, Sophia.

6 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger OhMyTrill said...

welcome!!!

I had all of the items you are talking about before starting college!!! Well...thats not exactly true...I just got my iPod over the summer...and mu digital camera didn't come until freshman year. But hey...we need them all right?

And I need a new computer...time to upgrade to a fancy mac!!!

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you should not be using Microsoft Word anyway. Try openoffice instead. It's free, and it saves in a non-proprietary, open format.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Thanks, OhMyTrill. :) I do feel "with it" now, though...

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey, Paul! Thanks for visiting. I should check out openoffice. I do not like Word much anymore...

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be something in the water, because I've finally come to grips with the fact that there is more to life than slap bracelets and lite-brite. As we speak (or type rather) I am slapping the backside of my brand-new baby laptop! (and believe me, it is crying!) Soon I'll get the hang of this thing - of course long after some painful disciplinary trips back to best buy to visit the "geek squad" Hope you are doing well, I miss you!!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger philosophia said...

Hey, Tami!

Happy belated birthday!

Thanks for the visit and the comment, and congrats on your new laptop. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here